Tuesday, March 31, 2009

NOLA very successful!!!

THANKS!!!! to everyone who made me SOOOO welcome at the New Orleans Home Show this past weekend. I underestimated the amount of friendliness. A special thanks to Mike Zalaznik, Randy Noel, David Sansone, Ann Christian, Jeff and all the staff of HBA and the staff at the SuperDome. You couldn't have been nicer and more welcoming. The people in the booths around me at 817 were also very nice. I made a ton of friends in New Orleans, and I appreciate it very much.


But the real reason the show was so successful was the attendees who loved our Cable-tite system for high wind protection as a great alternative to hurricane clips for the hurricane tie down systems and threaded rods. One man told me that he and a helper spent 5 days installing threaded rods. A builder hated the metal straps because the were in the way of the sheetrock. The inspectors from IBTS loved the system, as did several engineers and home owners. YEAH!


Saturday morning I went to the top of the Dome, and took this photo. Our booth is the in the center. It's an 8' x 8' stud building, with two men standing inside (not me....I was taking the photo) "kicking the tires."